- Judgment date: 2010-10-12
- Communication date: 2018-05-12
- Application number(s): 12143/16
- Country: HUN
- Relevant ECHR article(s): 3, 6, 6-1, 13, 17, P7-4
Violation of Art. 6-1
- Result: Violation SEE FINAL JUDGMENT
- Probability: 0.872912
- Prediction: No violation
Communication text used for prediction
The application concerns the applicant’s conviction, on 13 June 2013 by the Debrecen Court of Appeal, of murder and other offences.
He was sentenced to life imprisonment, eligible for release on parole after forty years of time served.
The applicant was born in 1966.
QUESTION tO THE PARTIES Has the applicant been deprived of any real prospect of release and thus potentially subjected to inhuman punishment, in breach of Article 3 of the Convention, in view of the fact that he will not be eligible for release on parole before forty years?